Quality Control Chemist
Cresilon, Inc is a medical device company based out of Brooklyn, NY that focuses on bringing new technologies to the animal health industry that aim to solve problems associated with wound healing. We have created a hemostatic device that can instantly stop traumatic bleeding.
Please refer to these associated links to learn more about Cresilon:
The Quality Control Chemist is part of the analytical chemistry team at Cresilon. The QC Chemist performs all analytical testing for the QC department under the supervision of the QC Chemist. The QC Chemist adopts and maintains a culture of excellence and quality in all aspects of his/her job function. The QC Chemist works in a highly regulated environment and aids in ensuring that the Quality Management System methods and Quality System Regulations are applied throughout Cresilon.
- Prepare and test components, materials, in-process and finished product samples to verify conformance to pre-defined acceptance criteria.
- Perform out of specification investigations and if needed, initiate non-conformance reports.
- Maintain and order lab supplies as needed, and participate in lab cleanup, under the supervision of the QC Director.
- Setup, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment, including calibration.
- Test samples as part of the stability testing program
- Develop QC department protocols and procedures for operation, as applicable. Create or review SOPs as related to analytical methods.
- Execute analytical assay validation.
- Assists in bringing in additional testing capabilities to the analytical lab as deemed necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline.
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in cGMP regulated environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of stability testing requirements.
- Requires understanding of analytical testing, and quality principles as applied to a cGMP environment. This includes experience in raw material, in-process and finished product testing, e.g. HPLC., rheometry, titration, NMR
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Requires excellent communication and presentation skills.