Production Technician I
Cresilon, Inc is a medical device company based out of Brooklyn, NY that focuses on bringing new technologies to the animal health industry that aim to solve problems associated with wound healing. We have created a hemostatic device that can instantly stop traumatic bleeding.
Please refer to these associated links to learn more about Cresilon:
The Production Technician is responsible for supporting the manufacturing of Cresilon’s products. Production Technicians are also responsible for the quality of products produced by ensuring compliance with local, State and Federal regulations, including current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Entry level candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are willing to train qualified individuals.
Description of Duties:
- Start up and shut down processing and utilities equipment.
- Clean production equipment, cleanrooms and work areas. Perform cleaning in a sterile environment.
- Perform lab cleaning, including but not limited to: surface decontamination, equipment decontamination, washing glassware.
- Repair and maintain production and utilities equipment and parts. Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Transport samples, materials and equipment between multiple facilities. Transport raw materials and components from receiving to production.
- Monitor and adjust the environment, production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Measure and record data associated with operating and utilities equipment.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with cGMP, good documentation practices (GDP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs). Perform various routine tasks under these guidelines.
- Help prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports. Maintain records of critical process parameters and documentation
- Build packaging for finished and intermediate products.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, qualifying or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Organize work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Provide advice or training to other technicians.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental
- Separate scrap or waste materials for recycling, reuse, or environmentally sound and compliant disposal.
- Help manage Cresilon’s buildings and facilities
- Assist in filling, labeling and data entry as requested.
- Receive items by accepting deliveries, unpacking containers and stocking shelves
- Verify items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies.
- Store and organize lab equipment in the proper manner.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing requested results as needed.
- The ideal candidates will be reliable, dedicated individuals with excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Must be willing and able to be tested and qualified to work in a cleanroom environment
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Individuals with mechanical aptitude are preferred
- Must have excellent manual dexterity.
- Must be able to identify numbers, basic measurements and written instruction
- Must be able to work overtime and/or second shift when needed.
- Clean room experience is a preferred, but not required
- Able to help implement new process technologies, including helping with commissioning, facility and site acceptance testing, installation and operational qualification, process qualification and process validation.
- Able to support and conduct initial and on-going training of new and existing personnel, as appropriate.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity.
- Must have an excellent driving record.
- Working knowledge of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) is a plus, but not required
- Team oriented, building relationships with peers and managers in a proactive manner
- Good verbal and written skills
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- High School Diploma or Associates degree
- One to two (1-2) years of relevant experience preferred, but not required
- Detail oriented with written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member
- Ability to learn additional laboratory skills
- Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, machine operations, and data entry
- Paid Vacation and Holidays, including a minimum of 25 vacation days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Firm Paid Life and Short-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Stock options